Heading to the Lake this Weekend?
Protect Your Family Boat with CIG Watercraft Coverage
Whether your boat is tied safely to the dock or you’re out cruising the lake with family and friends, you want to make sure your boat is protected. CIG Watercraft Coverage is available for clients who have a CIG Home policy and own a family boat that is moderately powered and used on inland waterways. Call a CIG Insurance Agent and get the coverage that’s right for your boat and lifestyle.
Customized Protection for Your Family Boat
- Watercraft liability
- Watercraft hull coverage to protect against damage to your boat, motor, trailer, and equipment
To be eligible for CIG Watercraft coverage, boats must:
- Be 15 years old or newer (certain older boats can be insured, though special program requirements would apply)
- Be less than 26 feet in length
- Cost $30,000 or less new
- Have a maximum speed of 45 miles per hour
- Be for personal use only (not chartered, rented, or used in business or for business purposes)
CIG Watercraft coverage does not insure:
- Pontoon boats
- Boats with wooden hulls
- Personal watercraft, such as a jet ski
- Open to writing certain older boats – special program requirements would apply
- Jet boats
- Platform boats
Find a CIG Insurance Agent
Coverage descriptions are for illustrative purposes and are intended solely to provide a general overview of potential coverage. Information included does not represent a contract or any other obligation. Only an insurance policy can define actual terms, conditions, rates, and exclusions. Please consult your CIG Insurance Agent for complete details. Coverage is available from CIG for Homeowners, Renters, Condo Owners, and your personal automobiles in California, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington. Types of policies and coverage may vary from state to state.