Capital Insurance Group
September 10, 2016
2004 Fairground Rd, Monterey, CA
Capital Insurance Group® will host Community Safety Saturday™, a free, family-friendly event, on Saturday, September 10, 2016. The event will be held from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
The following organizations will provide information & demonstrations:
- Monterey Fire Department will bring a fire engine and safety information. They will perform a Jaws of Life Auto Extrication Demonstration at 11:30 a.m.
- KlaasKids Foundation will conduct their Print-A-Thon, a free service providing digital photo ID & fingerprinting for every child.
- U.S. Army Garrison (USAG) Presidio of Monterey's Fire Department will bring its Prevention Public Education Trailer which provides kitchen fire safety and extinguisher training for adults/teens, bedroom fire safety escape training for children and fire safety public education for all attendees.
- Monterey Police Department will bring a squad car and crime prevention information and giveaways.
- California Highway Patrol – Monterey Area will provide information about their Start Smart and Child Car Seat inspection programs.
- American Red Cross will bring disaster preparedness information and giveaways.
- The City of Monterey will provide information about their Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Program funded by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), and will also have a bike helmet drawing, Walk ‘n Roll bingo games and more.
- California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services will demonstrate how to make a portable emergency kit, and provide educational materials about how to prepare for earthquakes and tsunamis.
- Monterey County Office of Emergency Services will bring emergency preparedness information.
- The U.S. Coast Guard will bring their 29’ fast boat for tours and the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary will provide water, boating and environmental safety materials. Coastie the Talking Safety Tugboat will also be on hand.
- Girl Scouts of California’s Central Coast will provide safety information.
- Funded by First 5 Monterey County, MY Museum will bring Wheelie Mobilee with lots of interactive games.
- U.S. Forest Service will bring informational handouts as well as a wildland fire engine.
- Monterey County Sheriff’s Office–Coastal Station Monterey will bring crime prevention information.
- California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CALFIRE) will bring a fire engine and fire safety materials. Smokey Bear will be on hand if he’s not off fighting a forest fire.
- Monterey County Boys and Girls Club will have a Wheel of Fortune Safety Game and information about their organization.
- California State Park Lifeguards will bring a personal water craft and lifeguard truck and share information about aquatic safety.
- Teddy Bears with Heart will have a bean bag toss with stuffed animals as prizes and information about their program.
- Independent Transportation Network of Monterey County will provide information about their programs which provide rides to seniors with dignity.
- Community Partnership for Youth will do face painting and offer a lanyard-making activity.
- United Way Monterey County will provide information about the 2-1-1 program and other community services.
- Sun Street Centers will provide Information about dangers of drugs, alcohol and tobacco.
- Restorative Justice Partners will bring information about dispute resolution programs that foster empathy, accountability and restoration of fairness to victims and the community.
- Family Service Agency of the Central Coast/Suicide Prevention Service of the Central Coast will have a bean-bag toss and tic-tac-toe game and distribute their brochures and STOP cards.
- Community Emergency Response Volunteers (CERV) of the Monterey Peninsula will give out materials about turning off the gas/electricity and water in emergencies and simple medical responses learned in CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) training.
- AMR (American Medical Response) will bring an ambulance for tours.
- PRS Restore will provide a kids craft table and information about
- CHOMP’S Kids Eat Right program will provide a nutrition education display with a trivia contest and prize giveaways.
- Special Olympics Northern California will bring information about their organization and an interactive bowling activity for kids.
*All participants and demonstrations are subject to change. In addition to educational activities, demonstrations, games, and food, there will be giveaways such as t shirts, tote bags, coloring books, water bottles, and more while supplies last.
Download the Event Flyer